social networks 2020

As a Hyper Island applicant I was asked to create a work sample for the recruitment process. In my situation I had to manage a lot of thing, so I was not completely focused on the Social Networks 2020 project. I began to fully contribute to the work in April, when all my Swedish exams were finished and my flat was sorted out. Finding a good place to live is quite a mission in Stockholm, in my case it is a story for a long post. There will be time to write about that as well.

During the time of researching the topic I must say that I opened myself on the social media services. I always heard about the possibilities created by this closely connected web, but I never actually realized how many opportunities there was. Well, of course there must be a lot more, but I do not know (or better: feel) it.

Some of the things I learned while working on Social Networks 2020:

1. I discovered that twitter is an amazing place for research on any field.
2. I became updated with what is going on in the industry. I really needed that, because the process of learning Swedish was extremely involving which somehow disconnected me from other creative fields.
3. I refreshed my knowledge of motion graphics. This way of presenting ideas will be crucial in presenting work for D&AD and other contests.

And this is my work:

Social Networks 2020 from Jakub Burkot on Vimeo.



I cannot wait for response on my application ...and the recruitment days... and finally, beginning of the course. It is sooo close!

No comments:

Post a Comment