Idea development reflection. Week #3

In the last 3 days we went through idea development workshops. I was in a group with guys from Motion Graphics and Digital Media that I have not spoken before, so that was another great opportunity to get to know people. We went through the whole process of brainstorming, evaluating ideas, deciding and creating a description with some visuals. I was pretty surprised that in such a short period of time we could create some good looking mock-ups and a description. Of course, there would be a lot to do and plan, if we wanted to implement and make our idea work... And it is always like that.

What I found really interesting was those techniques of evaluating ideas and getting rid of invaluable or unoriginal ones. I think that I was always wanting to take part in such exercise, I am super happy that Hyper provides us with tools and facilitates our learning process. It is just what I wanted and what I am getting. Although, I was not super happy yesterday, especially when we were writing a description which IMHO was very blurry. But time was going and we had to rush it... So we sat together and finished off the piece. Obviously, it was a lot better than not do anything or spend too much time on it. We did not have any conflicts and everyone seemed happy with work.

What did I learn from working in those 3 days with my group?
1. Delegate roles in group and specify them precisely, so everyone knows what is expected,
2. Be respectful and show appreciation as much as you can,
3. Be open about your problem, communicate it and ask for help, if you are stucked,
4. Get to know people before start working, it was absolutely essential and I guess it is why we are satisfied with our piece.

We need to get together and talk about our feelings. I am very curious how my behaviour was interpreted.

And here is our work we made in 8 hours. I was thinking about making a short movie in order to present our concept, but that would require a lot more planning and getting our description simpler. And on Monday next module starts with lots of exciting lectures and a new group task.

No comments:

Post a Comment