Thoughts after the UGL week at Hyper Island. Week #2

That was a really tough week at Hyper Island. We spend 4 whole days on Understanding Group and Leadership course. I must admit that it opened me a little bit and made me more comfortable with being with all those new and very interesting people. We went through many group tasks and the main thing I learned is that in order to accomplish bigger tasks a group has to stay really close together. The thing that stayed in my head after it is the power of self reflection. It seems to be obvious, but it is so easy to forget what is going on inside of you. I often feel that I go with the flow and I find it hard to stay cool. I need to keep my personal diary. It expands awareness of what is going inside. That will be a key thing and I am absolutely sure about that.

I have always been quite cautions about belonging to any groups. I tried to keep myself away from it. What I discovered now is that there is an incredible amount of energy and power that people just pass around. I am sure though, that the biggest source of power lies within. Being an accepted part of a group empowers you and in this society is a must to survive.

Be honest.
Keep it simple.
Respect.
Commit.

I have found areas where I want to work on my personality.

1. Self-reflection
- Keep my blog updated at least once a week
- Keep a personal diary an a daily basis

2. Communication
- Get some audiobooks on communicating emotions
- Master and read body language
- See workshops on this area
- Do workshops on After Effects and Photoshop
- Ask for and give feedback

3. Motivation
- Find a short-term and long-term goal and visualize it

We have a idea generation week coming up next week. That is something I needed a long time ago. So far I am really surprised with Hyper Island I have a feeling that it was a perfect choice for a person like me. In a couple of weeks we are going to make some industry contact and Mobile Landscape exploration. I am well excited.

Another thing is organization of our Facebook Group, Twitter and blog. We need to talk about it and delegate work to other classmates. I feel some pressure right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment